Friday, September 09, 2011

Out for Pub - CK's Budget-Friendly Scrapbooking issue

Happy Friday!

Months ago I was asked to contribute to a special issue for CK called Budget-Friendly scrapbooking.  I think CK has a lot to offer the crafting community, so of course I said YES!  I'd be crazy not to!  :)

My assignment was to use multiple rubons on a layout.  I immediately dashed to my stash of butterflies in various colors, from Studio Calico, and went to work on a two page layout.

The theme was literal.  A couple years ago when we went to visit my sister in Seattle, we went to the Pacific Science Center which has a great butterfly exhibit.  You get to be in with the butterflies, and there are several different kinds in many different colors buzzing about.  You need to watch your step, because they land on the ground and everything.  The girls thought it was very cool.  It was definitely the best part of the show.



I was thinking of those bug display boards where you pin down the specimens when contemplating this layout design.  Lots of circles here, with some butterflies adhered here and there.  I also used pop dots and raised some of them to flutter about.
























This issue of CK is out and available to purchase!  There are a lot of great designs and cost saving ideas there so check it out! 




Supplies:
Bazzill Kraft
Crate Paper Restoration
Stuido Calico Countryside and butterfly rubons
Sassafras alphas
Making Memory alphas
circle punch

Have a great Friday!  Davinie

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:42 PM

    Love this LO! And I have been stalking the stores to find this issue with no luck yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw that one in there and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout and that CK issues sounds fabulous. And thank you for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and I totally go the bug display inspiration - love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by at my blog, I love your spread and congrats on the pub! You have me inspired to get my butterfly stamps out... I might integrate some of these creatures on my weekly art journal page - thanks to you! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic layout! Congrats on being asked to contribute to the magazine! I love how you cute a few while circles and put butterflies on them, mixed in with the patterned paper. Love the stitching too!

    ReplyDelete