Sunday, September 23, 2007

Studio Calico October peek

Yummilicous! Here's a sneak peek at my projects for Studio Calico's October kit:




I will give you another little clue... some of these are cards. They were super fun to make! There are other surprises that will be revealed on the 28th.. one or two of them are a mystery to me as well, so I can't wait to check it out.

Okay, before I go.. Kimberly tagged me to reveal some random things about myself......
1. I'm left handed. I love to cut up little bits, but it's such a pain, because I don't know how to use left-handed scissors and you can't see what you are doing with right handed scissors. To understand what I mean.... all you righties... draw a line on a piece of paper, and then put your scissors in your left hand and try to cut it perfectly. See what I mean? Still... as they say.... Left is right and right is WRONG. lol

2. I spent 10 weeks in London for my last term of college. I lived with a host family. It was the BEST thing I have ever done for myself. I was there during Columbine. It was really weird to experience a devastating American incident in another country.

3. My husband is a firefighter and currently works 24/48's. That means he's on shift from 8 am to 8am the next day, and then he's off for two days, and then back to work again. There are talks and I think the city will soon change to 48/96's. This stinks for the 48, but it will be really nice to have 4 days off in a row... especially if it's on the weekends! As it is, if he's had a busy shift, as it has been of late... his first day off he's mush, and then he only has one day before he has to do it all over again. I know this isn't about ME... but if he's working all the time, that means I'm home with the kiddos by myself. And they are 3 and 1. It's amazing I ever have any time to do anything like scrapbooking. Now you can see why I'm OBSESSED. It is seriously a lifeline to myself. Otherwise I'd just be knee deep in laundry and the "terribles"... and that's it. Um. NO.

4. I wore braces from 3rd-11th grade. ACK. Yes, there was a point when my dad stopped paying for them, so I had a year where I just had the top brackets and no wires (WhY? I don't know why. I was a kid and the parents were divorced)... but I got so sick and tired of being called a Weedeater, a Husqvarna (a brand of... weedeater, I think)... etc., etc. But I am SO glad that although my parents sure failed in the parenting department after they got divorced, at least they gave me a nice smile. Seriously. My dad is a snaggletooth, and if I hadn't had dental work, I'd have at least 8 extra teeth trying to make a spot. So always be grateful for that.
Speaking of which, I took Morgan to the dentist for the first time, and afterwards, the dentist actually sat me down, and said "Morgan is what we call... a multi-phase patient". Seems she's inherited her mama's mouth. At first I was so sad for her, remembering the teasing, but then I realized that anymore, ALL kids have braces, so it might not be too bad. But you bet that when I went home, and every night since, I've attacked her with the floss. If she's going to be headed to the orthodontist all the time, getting extra teeth pulled, etc., etc... at least keep her cavity free! Sheesh!

5. My yellow lab, Cooper... is named after me. Cooper is my maiden name. I just thought it was cool to carry it on after I got married. We call him Coop, Coop Dog. Coop doggy dog. He's a good boy.. he just took a big back seat to the small children when they started coming along.

6. I hate to cook. Hate it. Hate, hate it. It might be because my kitchen SERIOUSLY needs renovated. And it might be that I'm often cooking for myself and two little kids, who have no appreciation for a good garden salad or something gourmet, they'd rather have mac-n-cheese. So why slave over a hot stove? I'm the one that's going to be cleaning it up later! lol

7. Two of my favorite movies are Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice. I don't know why. I think I'm just a sucker for a historical romance. And I adore Jane Austen too.

Phew! Are you still here? Did I lose you, somewhere, a few bullet points ago? If not... what's a random fact about you? TAG!

4 comments:

  1. your sneaks are delicious, Dav...=)

    hmmm...random fact:

    -i refuse to eat anything that lives or grows underwater.

    (go ahead, start making fun now, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Davinie,
    Great reading your facts :)
    Class was fun! I see you have some goodies pulled for your next one. It looks great from what you've selected!

    About CHA: I'm hoping to be going with TI again, and if they don't ask I more than likely won't go and stay here to watch the shop while Suzie is gone.

    I'm "holding down the fort" for her right now while she's in Vegas and having fun getting lots of projects done.

    I hope to see you soon!

    Have a great day!
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sneak!! and your LO.s are so beutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:23 PM

    Ooooo...those sneak peeks looks so YUMMOLICIOUS!!! Can't wait to see the creations you made in whole!
    Love EVERY ONE of your random facts...and you soOOoooo did not lose me. WOW! I can way relate on many levels too! xoxo
    Love ya!
    K

    ReplyDelete