Monday, October 27, 2008

Good Morning Sunshine!

Well, I went and blew it, lol.

I posted about the surprise party not knowing Sabrina was giving Alyca access to the internet, so of course she saw what the plan was, lol. To her credit she faked surprise and didn't tell me she knew until late Saturday evening. whatever. lol.

I let me kids pick out the pinata, secretly hoping they'd choose this really cool angular number with lots of streamers. But what did they choose? The rainbow donkey. Only they insist that it's a unicorn. And a pegasus, depending on what kid you ask...




Does that look like a horse to you? lol

The kids still had a wonderful time decorating the house, making cupcakes, and they loved whacking the pinata. Usually we get the kind where you pull the string, so this one was a treat. Believe it or not, even with my 2 1/2 year old muscle man nephew wielding the whacking broom, it was Morgan that first removed it's leg and later completely removed it's entire torso. That girl's got muscle!


Before I go I wanted to share a couple of things. First is my card from this week's challenge at the Cardalicious blog. The challenge this week was to create a card that wasn't a square or rectangle. I ran into a sheet of die cut journaling stickers from Sassafras, and immediately decided to create a card shape. Maybe it's a cloud of cotton candy. I paired it with the new Sweet Cakes line from Pink Paislee. These two lines go together very well. I basically trimmed a rectangular card base, affixed the sticker, and then trimmed around it to create my shape, being sure to leave a seam at the top. I then hand stithed and added the flower and sentiment. That sentiment is part of one of the new stamps in the set from the Sweet Cakes line. I just inked the center of the stamp.


I hope you'll play along in the challenge!

Lastly I wanted to make sure you had the right date for reveal night at Studio Calico. It's tonight! Check out the November kit! As you know, I had a lot of fun with this one. I hope you'll join us tonight! We are having a avatar costume party, complete with prizes.


And here's one last little sneak from one of my projects with this kit:



That's it from me today! Have a great Monday.


Davinie

9 comments:

  1. That is a great idea on making the card a different shape than square or rectangular! I will have to keep tha in mind! Thanks for the last sneak, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sneaks!! Love the butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Love the sneaks. Man I can't wait for tonight! And sorry your surprise was blown. OH well....at least there were cupcakes to make you feel all better lol! At least that is how I would look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and the sneaks! Can't wait until tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:12 PM

    Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Davinie!!You have a great great blog!!!
    Hugs
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love using a different shape for a card, you are so card-smart!!
    Great sneaky, thanks, making me love those butterflies more and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Reveal night!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. card is simply amazing Davinie! sneak looks as delicious as they ALWAYS are!

    ReplyDelete