Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Disneyland and CHA in the same week!

I can't believe it!
I'm actually the mother of a five year old.
I can't believe it finally happened.
Yesterday she woke up and even LOOKED like a five year old. Of course she's been acting like she was 13 for a while now, but to even look older, well it just about broke my heart, lol.

Because of Disneyland later this week we didn't really get her anything for her birthday, thinking she'll just pick something that she loves at an expensive gift shop, lol, but I did get her a couple of goodies. Her favorite gift from the whole day? Bubble tape. I must keep that in mind. Who knew! It was a last minute impulsive purchase at the check out line, and she's carrying it around like gold. It goes to show that it isn't the amount of money you spend....

The first thing she did when she woke up was don her Fancy Nancy dress that she got for Christmas, and the tiara that I purchased and had sitting on the kitchen table, waiting for her, with a massive pile of balloons, an annual tradition.

She told me that she was five, and that she needed to talk to her teachers at school and say goodbye, because she was off to Kindergarten now. lol.



Happy Birthday Princess Morgan! I love ya with my whole heart.

In the meantime... we are headed south on the 6am bird tomorrow.
I feel whackadoodle even saying that. I'm not sure why we scheduled such an early flight with little kids, but I think it's because we saved a ton of air miles, and to fly later in the day would have put us in California later in the afternoon which is basically a waste of a day. We want to get this party started! At this rate we'll be there before lunch, which is perfect.

My sister is bringing her laptop so I may check in from the hotel. I'm going to try and scope out some goodies to giveaway. Maybe. We'll see. Either way, I'm going to get some photos and share my favorite CHA goods when I get home.

For now it's off to Cinderella's castle. I don't think the girls quite understand what's in store. We have every possible weather outfit packed though, so we are good to go!

Have a great week!

Davinie

10 comments:

  1. Have a blast! So wish I was going for once!

    And Happy be-lated Birthday, Morgan! How cute she is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:23 AM

    I Am GREEN with envy :-). My two favorite places!! Happy Birthday to your little one!! Char

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:24 AM

    I hope you're having a FAB time at Disney and at CHA. Can't wait to see your great pictures from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time, tea cup cheater! Tee hee!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what a little sweetie you've got! HAVE FUN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:48 AM

    Aww your daughter looks so sweet...my daughter too turned 5 on Christmas Day and I am looking at her thinking where has the time gone and can it slow down abit!! I love her being little but in a blink it is gone :( treasure every moment. I live in the UK and the last time we went to Disney was in 2006, we moved house in between then and now so are not going again until 2010 and I have major withdrawal symptoms as we normally go every other year!! Love DISNEY!! :) Have fun and if she's anything like my little 5 year old she'll be running round the parks in her princess dresses...oh the joy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:06 AM

    Davinie! It was soo good to meet you at CHA! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet photo! She's getting so big. What a nice birthday present..Disney! (and the bubble tape..ha) My girls are the same way, the smallest thing will be their favorite.

    E-mail me when you get back and get settled! I want the scoop on your trip and CHA! =)

    ReplyDelete