Monday, May 25, 2009

Craft Sightings, my new purse, and some sneaks. That's it.

Have you seen this? The Making Memories Slice is coming out with embossing tips. Doesn't that sound fun! I'm going to have to get some and check that out. I had no idea that little machine could do so much!

I've decided to get a pattern and learn how to make these.

And these! I really really really need to get this pattern and make a couple of these before Morgan is too big.

I have just recently discovered but have become instantly obsessed with her. She hosts a DIY show called Embellish This! too. In. Love.

Next I wanted to share my new purse. I was eyeing this really cute diaper bag that one of the preschool moms was toting around while at a recent field trip. She later came up to me and mentioned that she had noticed my love for fabric bags, and wanted to know if I'd like her to make me one. I said YES. I loved the shape of her bag but didn't need a diaper bag anymore. I also loved the fabric. So, she did a little alteration and made me this:


It's about 1/3 of the size of her bag. Isn't it divine!? It matches Cosmo's Early Bird line so well, doesn't it? Just imagine it in this for fabric. YUM. (Julie Comstock, if ever you needed a hint as to which line you should turn to fabric next, let this be the hint, lol.)

Here's a blurry shot of the inside. Four pockets. And a clasp. Love the butterflies!


This fabric is Moda. Wonderland Collection, I think.

Anyway, shoot me an email if you love this design and want your own bag. She's very reasonable and you can basically choose any fabric you want.

Before I move on, though, let's take another look at that purse photo:



Any thoughts on how I'm going to get tape runner goop off my unfinished french doors? My artist, my love, my sweet Morgan, made her mark and we aren't sure how to get it off without leaving a stain, so that we can then... stain. hmm. At least this is my scrapbook room, which is generally a mess anyway, lol.

Before I go I did want to leave you with a couple more sneaks. I have had a lot of fun with this kit, and while my cohorts have been vocal as well, I do believe it is *I* who have the most love for this kit. Really.

I have made 5 layouts, including a two pager, 2 cards, and a little somethin' somethin'. I still have the kit out and am busy working away, but Scarlet needs to get images loaded in the slide show BEFORE reveal time, lol, so the rest will be shared later.



I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Weekend with your families! Steve had Saturday and Sunday off, which isn't the norm, so we had a lot of fun just being together. Today the girls spent quality time at the park, and we drove the streets of Redmond, where they tried to do their best to count the flags. I forgot to bring my camera with me, but there is just nothing like the streets of Redmond on Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, and Veteran's Day. The streets are literally lined and lined and lined with flag after American Flag. It's really quite amazing to drive through. I'll have to remember to take a photo sometime to share it with you.

Enjoy your week! Davinie

11 comments:

  1. Love...Love...Love, not sure which one more:)
    Love those sneaks and that new purse, lucky girl.
    And I completely agree about the streets of Redmond when they are lined with the flags...it's definitely a site that I miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that purse is super cute.
    and the sneaks look great, as always. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer.T8:10 PM

    I LOVE that bag! I've been hinting at a girl I work with to make me one but alas, she still doesn't get my subtleness lol
    I can't wait for reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, how much do i love that pleating? it's too cute. can't wait to see the whole thing. love your new purse too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pure yumm yumm yumm i need to shop hehe the tape runner goop you could try mayonaise slap a blob on there and leave it for about half hour to an hour and that should work a treat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the purse and the sneaks!

    i would remove the tape runner...using whatever you normally would. (have you tried one of those adhesive remover/erasers they sell?) then take a fine sandpaper and sand over the area to remove any residue...i would think that would leave it prepped to take your own stain easily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ook, LOVE the new bag. Remind me when next I see you to hit you up for the name of your new seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that purse! Oh the butterflies are awesome! Wonderful sneaks too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a cute purse! love it

    ReplyDelete