Saturday, August 01, 2009

Studio Calico - August

It's August 1st so while I should be posting my Project 12 challenge, for now I'm going to stick with my August layouts for Studio Calico.
July was a really busy month, so I only managed 4 layouts with the kit, although last night I did a 5th layout with photos of our beach trip. I'll be sharing that one tomorrow.

The first layout has a super cute photo of Morgan with her cousin and BFF Raegan. My sister watched the kids so that Steve and I could go out to dinner a few weeks ago, and when she sent me this photo, I knew I wanted to use it with this kit. These two don't even fight. They are super, super close.


I used the Jenni Bowlin crepe paper ribbon for my flower. To make it I went back to my days in the flower shop, and basically made a ribbon bow, and then flattened it with the Making Memories paper and the chipboard.

I layered the Lily Bee Joy rubon under the Basic Grey doilie paper for some added texture and detail.



I was a little more random with my stitching on this layout. I just used random lines of stitching on the upper left and then the lower right. It added some texture and helped lead the eye through the design.

I made my butterflies with my Slice, and used both pink and brown Maya Mist, the pink first.



My Tailgating layout looks a little different from the layout in my gallery at SC. It was driving me nutty so I had to fix it. The yellow sticker alphas weren't showing up very well against the yellow background. I tried highlighting them with a white pen, but it just wasn't enough. I was rushed so couldn't fix it before I went to the beach, but it was one of the the first projects I did when I got home. Even before some of that laundry, lol. I just added a strip of green to help the title pop.
Rubons scare me sometimes because I like to reposition things, but on this particular layout, I knew it would blend too much with the background paper, so I mounted my flower vine on cardstock and then trimmed it out. For my flowers, I used three different circle punches, as well as the flower stamp from the kit, and layered them and added a brad in the middle.



That Tim Holtz mask made me a little nutty at first. It's a nice idea, the clear, but you had to punch out every little teeny weeny detail in this image, and that's hard to do when the image is clear. Once I got it punched out, though, I did have fun with it. I didn't use mist here. That's blue Colorbox ink.

That's it for me and Studio Calico this month! Check back later for that Project 12 challenge, I think I might enable a couple of people, and I also have some vacation layouts to share as well.

Happy August! We went to the fair this morning and had a blast! What a fun week it's been!

Davinie

2 comments: