Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cards with a side of Scrapbook and Cards. Today!

Well, it's Friday which means we've made it through our first full week of school! And except for the fact that Morgan ALREADY has a case of the sniffles, everything went off without a hitch and the school year is going to be a lot of fun. Woot!

I do have a few cards to share with you today, the next three cards I made for Caardvarks Sketchfest challenge. There are a lot of great prizes up for grabs and there's still time to play along! Again, I only used Studio Calico kits for these cards, and some of them were a struggle, because I only have little scraps left! That worked out well for this first card:


This card features the "Looking Glass" kit.


This card features the "Bibliography" kit



And today's card features the current kit, Cotillion. As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I had to use the square frame stamp.

There is still one more sketch for Saturday, so you still have more sketches and more time. I also have Studio Calico sneaks to share, but I'm going to wait until Saturday, because the card I made with Saturday's sketch was made with October's kit, Yearbook (shhh, don't tell April, lol).

Before I go I did want to direct you to one of my very favorite crafty publications. The Fall issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today is up and ready. If you don't have access to it at your LSS, you can download this issue for free here. This is what the cover looks like:

SCT_Fall09_Cover_Sept8

It is full of such great content. I am very inspired every time I pick it up. The pages are nice and thick, and it goes on the shelves with other idea books at my house.

I had the honor of writing an article for this issue, so I have a few layouts in it. I also have some artwork by my favorite 5 year old on the planet, and I really loved what Catherine and Kerry had to say about her talent. That was my favorite part!

After you download the issue, head on over to the Scrapbook and Cards blog. They are hosting a great big giveaway today (but you should check the site often, because they are always doing giveaways).

Have a great Friday! See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Saw your article, congrats, so so so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying your cards all week. Todays completely knocked my socks off though - SO classy and beautiful!

    Great work in the magazine too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer.T5:50 PM

    I downloaded this yesterday and I think I lost count at how many times I saw your name in there Dav,congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your cards this week have knocked my socks off. Today's was breathtaking. Do you need my address? HA! Good try, right? LOL!

    I downloaded the magazine and found it wonderful. You did a fab job!

    ReplyDelete