I'm still thinking about fall, so I thought it would be fun to mix some of the Metropolitan kit with some of the Brook line, as well as the newest release, Restoration. I came up with this:
I had fun with ink on these leaves. With the first one, I rubbed the JBS malted milk. I wanted to change the color a bit and bring out the texture of the canvas too.
I experimented a bit with my color. On this next leaf I started with the malted milk, but then decided to try out Lemon Drop. I was worried it'd be too yellow, but the color I got was perfect for the color palette of my layout.
Next up is the title. I just got my wood veneer alphabet from Studio Calico, so wanted to use that along with some classic calico ink to help them stand out more against my background.
To make sure I got the woodgrain texture, after misting I blotted each letter with a paper towel.
I'm developing a love affair with mixtape, so I used some of the tape found in the Metropolitan kit on this layout too. It's barely adhesive, and I"m a girl who loves repositional things! :) I just tore off strips, placed them as needed, and then sewed over the top. The light adhesive didn't bother the needle on my sewing machine at all.