1. CHA was a blast! I was sick as a dog going into the trip but decided to go for it anyway, and while I didn't have my voice the entire trip (I still don't have it) I had the best time. It was great to spend time with the Studio Calico crew, bowling at Lucky Strike for Nik's 29th birthday (wink, wink), walking the floor and kit shopping, working those orders in the booth, eating at Lawry's and the ESPN Zone during a Laker game..... memories to cherish! Seeing Catherine and Becky and having dinner in a converted fire station with the SCT crew was loads of fun too (I had some delicious crab cakes and my signature Arnold Palmer).
On our last night as a group we even took one of KP's famous jumping photos:
Greg was standing there holding a few cameras and several purses, and while April was back at the hotel with baby Claire, her mama joined us for bowling and a few jumps. (l-r, Vee, Emily, Kelly, KP, me, Lisa, Nik, and Joy, April's mom).
It was so nice to spend time with people you only know from an avatar. I can't wait to do it again.
2. If you are sick and heading out of town anyway though, should you decide to go for an herbal supplement and try Airborne, my advice to you would be to please drop the tablet in a glass of water for one minute so it dissolves, and then drink, per the package directions. Don't look at what appears to be a large vitamin C chewable, pop it in your mouth while sitting at the gate for your plane, basically foam at the mouth, and then try to covertly spit the dang thing into one of the 10 napkins you thankfully picked up while at Starbucks when you bought your latte and maple almond scone. I'm just sayin'........
3. While I was gone my hubby cleaned the house, scrubbed out a few closets, and read some articles regarding a few child raising issues we are having. Where else can I go so he can do that again? heeee.
4. As for product, the hit of the show was definitely Smash. You won't be missing much if you head here in the next few months. We were obsessed with this booth and not much missed a checkmark on the order form. I also liked the Crate lines, of course, the new Sassafras basics line, Pink Paislee Junkue Drawer, the new OA, and some of the new Basic Grey lines too.
5. The only other thing I wanted to mention today was to make sure to check out my February 1 post for Project 12. If you are new to Project 12, or anxious to start your 2011 year in review album, now is the time!
Have a great weekend! Still trying to get better and get organized. I need to travel more often so it isn't such a big deal to get back into the routine. Back soon. Davinie