Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday Random + Studio Calico sneaks

I'm sorry.  I'm distracted.  Blessed be....  Mama got an Iphone.  Steve cut out a tiny picture of a phone and put it in my Mother's Day card, lol, and then a few days ago, it came in the mail.

I can't seem to put the thing down.  I'm going to have to either separate myself or get some sort of Domestic Intervention.  Really, the only time I don't have it is when Morgan is busy playing with it.  She likes Pictureka, but she also spends a lot of time with the Angry Birds.  If they'd just call it "onery pigs" I'd feel a lot less guilt about letting her play with it though.  Just sayin'.  I also prefer the free Rio version because they are usually saving birds or messing with the monkeys in that version and not trying to kill something.  Anyway....

Another love is the Instagram app.  Check out my week in Instagram pics:



Yes, amazing isn't it.  A self portrait.  I hope you were sitting down when you saw that.

























Movie night.  Dad was away and it was the weekend, so the girls and I rented Ramona and Beezus (or is it Beezus and Ramona????).  They liked it.  They also like popsicles.  DelMonte fruit popsicles are an almost nightly dessert after dinner.  Payton often takes hers with her into the bathtub.  She prevers Grape while Morgan loves cherry or strawberry.  FYI.  :)


























I love this one, except for the fact that Morgan looks almost tween in this pic.  NO.  Stop that!  We got a spring day and both girls wanted to jump on the trampoline in swim suits with the sprinkler underneath.  It was a great idea....  but it was only 60 degrees outside.  What is it with little kids and their core body temperatures?  Crazy, I tell you.

All of the above photos used the Early Bird wash.  So far, that's my favorite one.

Another app I love?  PINTEREST.  Holy Hannah.  While I do prefer pinning on my desktop over my phone, you can easily get very very lost in the WWW if you get on that app.  Oh my.  Very inspiring.  I've got my living room and kitchen renovated in my mind already.  Lovely ideas for the craft area too, and for some reason, I could explode and land softly on all the pillow ideas I save.  And food.  And crafts.  Oh my, it doesn't stop.

Anyway....

When I haven't been playing with my phone I have actually been spending time in the garden.  Another unbelieveable sentence I just posted there.  So far I have some spring goodies like peas, lettuce, carrots, radishes, and Payton planted some flowers.  There's also pumpkin starts inside.  I'm not an educated gardener, AND it's cold zone gardening here with frosts this time of year, but I'm learning.  I saw this great post on Sherelle's blog recently that I actually printed out.  It's a great reference if gardening is something you are interested in (she has a great blog for gardening/baking ideas too).  She doesn't remind you to wear sunscreen, though.  So unless you want a sunburn from your elbow to your wrist, be sure to lather up before baring down to a t-shirt with your garden gloves.  I'm just sayin'......

I've also been scrapbooking!  Hallelujah!  I've had some fun with some new punches we'll be getting in the shop and have been enjoying my girls and their story this month.  Last night I rented "No Strings Attached" with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman while I was crafting away, and it was pretty good.  I've also been listening to a lot of Adele.  I'm a bit obsessed with her lately, actually.  Scrapbooking means Studio Calico June kit sneaks!  Check them out:




















I still have time to button up more projects so I'll have more to share before reveal.  This was another great month for SC exclusive papers, though.  Make sure you add the more Studio Calico add-on to your list.  You can see the green bubbles above.

I'm working on a mini album as well but I don't know if I'll get it finished in time for the slideshow gallery at Reveal.  But that's the reason I bought #3 so be sure to check out that one!

Have a great Sunday!

Davinie

5 comments:

  1. Dude, so jealous--one of these days, an iphone will be mine:) Love the self portrait, and the sneaks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks dav... they're gorgeous!
    and.. cool GPOY! i need to get an iphone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sneaks...and congrats on the iphone! I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's funny how much we have in common. i clearly just need to have my iphone surgically attached to my hand BTW.also been watching lots and lots of movies lately. and listening to adele. wish we lived closer! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:31 AM

    Love that you have an iPhone now :)
    Love that pic of Morgan and Payton :)
    Love Adele :)
    Love those sneaks!
    Love this post :)

    ReplyDelete