Friday, July 29, 2011

It's Friday

It's Friday.  Woot!  As soon as Steve gets home from work Sunday morning, we are taking the trailer up to the lake for a few days.  It's only about an hour+ from home, so I'm taking my Dingo with the boat up, staying a couple of nights, and then coming home to work.  Steve and the kids are going to stay up all four days he has off and coming home Wednesday.

The bright yellow orb in the sky is finally sending down some heat, so it should be sunny and warm and tons of fun.  I can't wait.

In the meantime....  it's Friday.  And that means that I need to have already picked a winner for the Studio Calico 6x6 Memoir pad from the blog hop.  That winner is......

Lane said...



I love the way the white zing woodgrain pattern compliments the blonde wood penants! I also really love the way you've been using the anywhere punches lately! :D






8:49 PM

Congratulations Lane!  Send me an email to cooperdees (at) yahoo (dot) com with your info and I'll get you set up with this 6x6 pad.  I have to say, I have been using mine quite a bit lately, for cards and for regular layouts.  I'm definitely going to need more than one.  :)

Speaking of Studio Calico and the blog hop which makes me think of the projects I shared, check this out:

http://scrapbooking.about.com/od/layouts/ss/Best-Scrapbook-Page-Ideas-Of-Cha-Summer-2011.htm

I didn't know anything about this until it was pointed out to me earlier this week.  How cool is this?  Who hasn't come across an idea at about.com when trying to google something?  I think it's pretty neat.

On another note, the girls just buttoned up their second session of swimming lessons this summer, and both passed.  I'm so happy for them!  We are going to take a little break but then they are signed up yet again before school starts.  They are both enjoying it so much!  We have considered keeping them at the pool throughout the school year.  When asked if they want to do soccer or softball or basketball or, or, the one thing that gets an enthusiastic YES is swimming.  So I guess we will (oh my, being indoors will certainly be fabulous on nasty weather days rather than being outside at the soccer field!  woot!).

So that's that.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Davinie

1 comment: