Sunday, February 05, 2012

Studio Calico love - Winter 78

Even though I'm only 29 (snort), I stumbled upon these photos of me with my dad in Alaska where I was born in the winter of 1978 and had to get them down on a scrapbook layout.

My project:



My favorite part about my Cameo is not the number of shapes it can cut, but the size.  I've mentioned before my love for the large doily.  I'm digging the snowflakes too.

I print my own photos so trimmed them to look like polaroids because of how old the images are.  My sister has been scanning old photos to get them in a digital format and emailed me these.  I think they look pretty good, considering.  



I'm starting to dig the look of splattered Huey, so used Clay and Dewey on this layout, along with a prints from all three of the last release from Studio Calico.

There was an issue with shipping, so only a couple of ladies and those going to CHA have had a chance to work with the newest product.  I can't wait to play with it myself!  I had to satisfy my craving by fondling what I already have, and a nice Chevron has a way of calming a girl down, lol.


I also added veneer asterisks, because they have always been snowflakes for me.  I love 'em.


Products:



a little something I'm working on:



Thanks for taking a peek!  Davinie

7 comments:

  1. davinie- this layout is so very pretty and so very YOU. i love the way you splattered (which usually seems very trendy to me) in a classic way that is very dav. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ur style & approach to all your layouts. Enjoyed looking at them and looking forward to see more :) What a beautiful layout, diggin the huge snowflake too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing with those snowflakes :) Love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the large snowflakes and the colors in this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful Davinie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:50 PM

    Just how did you get the look of the larger 'splats' with the Mister Huey's? I have been attempting to do so by just removing the sprayer and applying dots with the end, but to no avail. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout...is the Dewey mist the turquoise splatters? I may need to get my hands on some of that :)

    ReplyDelete