Thursday, June 14, 2012

HeyDay arrival party



The HeyDay Collection is in the shop!  Hooray!  I'm in love with the latest release from Studio Calico so I'm very excited to share it here today.  In fact, most of the team is sharing this new Collection as well as some inspiration using these new products.

Here's a little something I came up with:


I was inspired by a pillow on Pinterest for this pattern.  I made leaves with my Silhouette and trimmed squares too using the 6x6 paper pad.  I love the smaller scale, especially with the butterflies when trimming the paper in the leaf shapes.

I know, it's another photo of Morgan with a chicken, but you don't understand their relationship, lol.  This chicken can fly out of the coop and when Morgan goes outside, she RUNS right over to her, and then squats so she can pick her up.  AND her name is actually Sunshine, so this title has double meaning.  :)  After 3 years of wanting to name everything "Princess" Morgan has moved on to Sunshine and Crystal for her chickens.  Her steer is called Dark Vader.  ha!



I really think this collection has a delicious color palette, which is great for Easter photos to beach photos.  I'm a fan of the fonts used for the Heyday alphas too, but I'm a HUGE fan of the veneer in this line.  Love the alphas like I used on this layout and can't wait for a chance to use the typewriters, because I think they are adorable and will work well for cards or layouts.

Be sure to check out what the other girls have come up with.  You can check out blog posts or search galleries using "heyday".  

Have a great Thursday!  Davinie

No comments:

Post a Comment