Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A little peeky

















Here's some sneaks of my February projects for Studio Calico... Hmm. Some of them are a bit blurry, but that just adds to the mystery, lol. I really enjoyed this kit and hope to have time to play more, as I still have lots of yummy product left.




Be sure to join us for the reveal! We have a lot of fun on the evening of the 27th every month... Reveal time is at midnight EST (that's 9pm for me and everyone else on the West Coast). Reveal night is when you can purchase a kit if you didn't get on the waiting list or aren't already subbing, and it's also when you can purchase an add-on. Did I count 4 add-ons this month? It's hard to decide so it's better to just get them allllll! lol





Here's a thank you card I made with some leftover bits from my December SC kit and some other goodies. I used the floral pattern in the 7 Gypsies paper to make an embellishment from WORLDWIN cardstock. I am always inspired by the patterns in my paper.


Wanna know why I make so many cards? Well, as I've mentioned before, I currently live in a fixer upper. It's 2200 sq. feet but I live in only 1100 of it. Oy. So right now I have my stash from here to there and no permanent place to create on. And I have a now 4 year old and soon to be 2 year old.... and they are always curious about what I'm doing, want to help, etc., etc., so I can't always get anything done. When I'm doing a layout it often takes me a while... and I want to sit and push things around, add layers, etc. But when it's daylight and kids are running around, that doesn't always work for me. So I make cards. I get a sense of accomplishment for having something done, and I get to expend a little bit of creative energy. Which works for me for now.


That said..... oh boy I get to go to Lowe's tomorrow and pick out paint color for my scrapbook room! Yeeehaw it is almost done. This house is reverse living so we live upstairs. But my scrapbook room is downstairs. 12x13. I am so excited to finally get a place to contain all of my goods. A place where I can leave out a layout for as long as it takes to finish it. Oh boy. I can't wait. Steve is buying primer today.


After paint comes flooring, so it'll still be a bit, but I am so excited about the progress. I think I've decided to go with a blue color for the walls. A little bit aqua. A little bit turquoise. I'll post a pic when I've decided on the exact shade. I'll eventually post pics of my room too... maybe once it's done.


Well, it's been a busy day and I'm just not inspired by all the burger in my freezer, but lucky for me, Pioneer Woman delivered. So tonight I'm having legs. Chicken legs. Do you read her blog? That Ree absolutely cracks me up.


Have a good one!

16 comments:

  1. Love the peeks!!! Can't wait until the reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! Love the sneaks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dav all those layers are fantastic, can't wait to see them in their entirety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sneaks...I think! They make it so hard to wait :)

    The butterfly is my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the butterfly you made in the one sneak. as always...looks awesome!
    nlg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun peeks! Can't wait to see everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What color for the scrapbook room???? You must share

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the peaks!!! Can't wait to get my hands on the kit and addons!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love those sneaks.
    can't wait to see your beautiful creations!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. so so so so cute!!!! LURVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That color combo is totally exciting. . . I'm all over the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful peekies so far!
    Can't wait to see your scrap-room! You'll be in scrap-heaven for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FUN peeks Dav! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are the girls loving the new snow? Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work is just darling. I love it.

    ReplyDelete