Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'm home!

I had snow at the beach! Snow! But it was so nasty out that I wasn't able to get down to the ocean to get a photo of it. I have tons of fun to tell you about, including the Gingerbread houses, and a mustache challenge. More on that later, lol.

I am just happy to be home and ready to get my assignments finished to so I can focus on Christmas. It's only a few days away!

Before I go I wanted to share the simplest and most festive potpourri to get the house smelling like the holidays. I don't know about you, but during this time of year my family eats a lot of oranges, in particular, those little Clementines. If you are like me, the next time you eat one, save the peel. Toss a peel or two into a little saucepan, fill it an inch or two with water, and put it on the stovetop. Turn it on low, at about a 2 or 3, and add some spices. I'll shake some cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, or cloves. A couple of shakes from a couple of spices. Before long the saucepan will heat up, the orange peels will soak up the spices, and your house will smell delicious! Just check on your saucepan throughout the day and add more water as it evaporates. You don't need to turn it high enough to boil. Just keep it low.

Have a great day! I'll be back soon with a last minute but inexpensive stocking stuffer for that man in your life. I know mine can be hard to buy for, especially for his stocking.

:)

4 comments: