Thursday, December 30, 2010

the rest of Who's Who

I just have two more layouts to share from my Who's Who Gallery at Studio Calico.  I'm working on another right now using the kit, but I won't able to share it until next week (I'm hosting the SC blog and have a fun challenge for ya). 

First is a Morgan layout.  Halfway to Seven:





















I used JBS chewing gum ink on my butterflies for this one. 
























This was made mainly with the Dear Abby add-on.  I also added that natural canvas I keep talking about, and sprayed it pink with mist.
The title was cut from cardstock after printing it out on my computer.  My Slice can't handle this detail (but most others can). 

Note to self:  Do not wait almost 6 months to do a layout like this.  If she is 6.5 in July, do the layout in July.  For pete's sake.  My sweet girl turns 7 in January.  Oh my.  I can't believe it.  Did you know she was only 3 when I started working at Studio Calico?  My how times have changed.

I'm hoping to document age 7 with a mini.  That's one of my goals for the new year.

Next up is An Angel:





































I was so sososososo proud of my girl that day.  She wasn't nervous at all and had the best time. 

I rubbed the alphas on this one with some Stazon ink.  I love the JBS inks, but the dark brown has got to be Stazon.  The gold alphas matched the paper so I needed my alphas to stand out more and this was the simplest solution.  I simply stuck the alphas to the outside of the packaging and inked them, and then placed them on the layout.

That's the Martha Stewart punch (I think it's the himalayan snowflake) mounted on kraft (you can never have tooo much kraft cardstock!) punched with the real estate punch.

The More SC patterned paper add-on sold out in a flash, but you can actually still snag an extra piece.  The SC exclusive paper is in the more patterned paper add-on.  This is a low cost way to beef up your kit (and matches previous kits too). 

And that's it! 

I've already placed my order for February and hope to have a very productive month in January (although I'll be super swamped for CHA).  I think we may have figured out what's wrong with my printer and hope to get it fixed asap..  I'm hoping for tomorrow.

In the meantime, prepare for next month with this, this, this (I need to try one of these), and of course, more kraft.  :)

Have a great day!  Back soon.  Davinie

4 comments:

  1. Love these, as always!!!! The cut title is great-what font is it? I keep meaning to do this & always forget once I get down to scrap & just use the alphas in the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!!

    My blog:

    www.zakreconaja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:23 AM

    I agree with that statement about not waiting until later to record what they are like at that age, my daughter will be 5 in january and I *still* haven't done her 4 year old mini :(
    I have that ink and the cloud punch will be on its way to me soon as the kits are sent ;) But then third link sends me to Blogger.com, but I'd love to know what it was supposed to link to!

    ReplyDelete