Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Got goals?

I did a recap of 2010 projects, talked about my Resolutions, so it only makes sense to do a layout about it!  One Little Word is a popular thing in the crafting world, and now there's a class, but I'm terrible about keeping track of online classes so I'm not going to take it.  My thoughts on things I wanted to accomplish in 2011 did lead me to a word to sum it all up though:

FOCUS

Obviously, that says it all. 

I happen to be hosting the Studio Calico blog challenge this week and thought the timing would be a great opportunity to focus on that little "focus" word...   I upped the ante though, by adding a self portrait, something I do not do often enough.

I had Morgan take the picture and she was quite a clicker finger, so I was surprised anything remotely turned out:




































Most of this layout is the Who's Who kit from Studio Calico.
























I used Studio Calico wood veneer for the title, with a dash of Mister Huey in Classic Calico to darken the wood and bring out the grain.  I misted and then blotted with a paper towel. 























I also added some Maya Road chipboard windows from the On the Easel kit for some dimension, and sprayed them with Maya Road cream mist.

I hope you'll check out the challenge and play along

Have a great day!  Davinie

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout ~ thanks for the inspiration!
    I think I will get in on the challenge this week and scrap my OWL - embrace.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!!!
    I loved your layout
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool, unique layout! Love the color combination, the scallops and the veneer title. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOve it. The like chipboard piece almost looks like a dream catcher. And your daughter took a fab picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! And your little one did a fab job! This gets me thinking I need to document my word too {push}...thanks to your inspiring LO I have a ton of ideas swirling around about how to document it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that layout and Morgan did a great job with her picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this layout--beautiful, and love the photo!

    ReplyDelete