Thursday, January 27, 2011

Studio Calico Candy Shoppe!

The Candy Shoppe is open for business.  If I were you, I'd dash to Lollipop first if you are after an add-on.  I think it sold out first this morning (it was also my favorite add-on).  Licorice Twist and Jawbreaker have GREAT stamps though.  I actually got all four. 
Don't forget more SC paper.  It was another great month, AND it includes the Crate exclusives for this kit.
While you're at it, get more kraft.  It's a staple with my orders each month (I'm sure you are shocked by that too, lol).
And then get this.  I needed one when working with the little bits this month.
On to the layouts:













It took a year to make this layout.  A school year.  2009-10, to be specific.  Payton has color days at school where they dress in the color, bring something from home, have craft projects in a specific color, snacks....  color days are her favorite days of the year.  I managed to grab my camera and snap a photo of her each morning on her color days, just so I could do a layout about it.


















Lemon Drops ink on my clouds and then punched with the Large and XL Cloud punches from Fiskars



















I mixed a bit of the goodies for some fun embellishing.  Too bad I didn't have anything in purple (although I had considered misting something, I do have a purple).

I think it's funny how at the beginning of the year, she was more demure, with a closed mouth smile, but as the year went on, the smile got bigger and so did the sass.  Cracks me up.

I did two 2pagers this month.  One 12x12, and this next one, 8.5 x 11.  Both were inspired by Miss Payton and preschool:

















This was actually the first layout I made this month.  In the past I have pulled these photos out several times, but just hadn't found the perfect kit to compliment that necklace.  With Candy Shoppe finally came the perfect opportunity. 


















Don't you love macaroni necklaces?  I've had this one for a year and it's still intact.  I'm sure pieces will crack and I'll eventually have to throw it out, which is one reason I wanted to make sure to get photos and create a layout about my necklace.  Payton was so cute when she gave it to me.  I just love it.

Again I went with multiple patterned papers for the background, loving this look, and I also used that WRMK tool I've been raving about.  If you missed it in my last post, I will be checking out the 8 new heads at CHA and hope to have them added to the shop as soon as we can.  I'm a fan of this tool!  I'm so glad April decided to stock it.

For the design, I snippped hearts, circles, and tags and lined them up in rows, inspired by the necklace.  The stitching was a way to bring those elements together, as a play on the necklace theme.  I didn't want it to be too striped, so I broke it up and didn't stitch on every line. 

For this last layout, I had fun with the Crate exclusives and the main kit:

















































My mom made me a pair of overalls with this pattern 29 years ago (couldn't have been more than that, wink wink).  I thought it was so sweet when she carefully opened up the pattern envelope and created a jumper just for me to pass down.  Morgan wore it when she was little, and then I saved it for Payton to have a turn.  I love having these photos next to each other.  I wonder if they would have played together, if they had been friends, you know, the same age.  The idea always fascinates me.

I loved the delicious color palette this month and tried to stay away from the kraft a bit to juice up my work. I'm happy with how it all turned out.

If you have any questions about the Sew Easy or anything else I've shared here, please let me know!  :)

Have a great night!  Davinie

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous pages!! My boys have color days too and now I'm kicking myself for now taking pics on all those days! Ah well.. still a few to go, and I'll be sure to snap a pic or two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these layouts!! Can't wait to get my kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margy Eastman10:30 AM

    I LOVE the punched kraft shapes on kraft...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete