Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Studio Calico - Field Guide projects

It's reveal time, the October kit is up for grabs.  Field Guide.

I got all the add-ons.  Perennial, Greenhouse, Meadow Lark, and Almanac.  AND I got allll the shop items.  I know.  I couldn't help myself.  It's all new product and I have no LSS. 

The SC paper is really cool this month too.

And I didn't get to play with it this month, it's a new addition, but you can now get MORE GRAY.  woot! 
One of the new things were up to as a group is to create layouts using the main kit only for the gallery every month.  This first layout about my eleven year marriage to my hubby was that main kit layout for me this month:




The butterflies were created with the new SC butterfly masks, using Clay mist, droplets of Dewey, and then hand stitched and trimmed out. 










I was a bit inspired by my recent circle challenge on the SC blog for this one. 









I wanted an apple to make this layout more "school" themed, so I found one on the computer and printed it out.  No mask, die cut, or chipboard element there.  Just scissors.  :)



All the little alphas in this kit begged for a card.  There's just so much you can do with them!


Another fun thing we did for the gallery this month was to create a project inspred by something pinned on Pinterest.  This is my inspiration piece:




When we were vacationing in Washington, I was soaking up inspiration at my dad's house with my stepmom's quilting magazines.  I came across that quilt and was immediately inspired by the circles stitching offset from the colored pieces. 




I adore that layout.  It must be said.  That everywhere punch is da bomb.  :)









Here's all the fun shop items this month too:









And that's it!  If you have any questions about my work this month, let me know.  Mini coming soon!  There was a lot of great inspiration this month.  Enjoy it all!  :)  Davinie

6 comments:

  1. Jen Thompson2:41 AM

    Wow Davinie, another glorious gallery! I love, love, love the Kindergarten one, the colours and photos are gorgeous. Which reminds me I still haven't done Ashleigh's first day at Kindy and that was back in February (doesn't seem that long aog to me lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all your layouts Davinie! You really rocked this month's kit! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh is there a lot of awesome, completely charming inspiration at work here. Impossible to pick a fave - each creation is a total delightful unto itself!


    Big hugs & cheerful Wednesday wishes,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scrapbooking is an inspiration - love visiting here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course they are all great, but the kinder is my fav. Maybe because I sent one to kinder this year too? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work as always Davine!!

    ReplyDelete