Saturday, October 01, 2011

Happy World Cardmaking Day!

(Project 12 September in October will be posted later today)

Happy WCMD!  Whether you paper craft or not, I hope you get a chance today or this weekend to do that creative thing that makes your heart go pitter pat.

I have sweet friends who knit and crochet (oooohhh how I envy their talents), quilt, bake, hike, bike, and even hunt (that's for you, Steve, lol), and I hope today is a day you get to do what you love.

I worked on a quilt last night for my girls.  I'm making two for Christmas and have been working on it for far too long.  Today we'll be headed to Joann's for supplies to create Halloween costumes, so while it isn't cardmaking today, it's still crafts, and I love it.

If you are making cards today, SCT has a great sketch from Becky Fleck with several interpretations, as well as a fun card kit giveaway from Jillibean Soup.  check that out here. 

I created a card for this challenge, using the new Autumn Press line from Studio Calico:



I used the last I had of that brown striped ribbon.  I must get more because I think it's my favorite trim to date.  I can't remember who makes it though, or where I got it.  I'll have to add that to the search list for Joann's.

In case you are interested, supplies used:









Have a crafty Day!  Davinie

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, and the trim IS awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card! Love that ribbon. I am not much of a cardmaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card...and thanks for insppiring me to make one of my own :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy WCMD!!!Beautiful card! I have ribbon that looks just like that and I got it at Hobby Lobby! Also have it in pink, orange, teal, black, and yellow- kinda love this ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! I am not crafting cards today, but am working on a layout when I get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card davinie! can't wait to see the costumes and quilts you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card!!! Love love love that trim too, and the buttons that you added :) If you find out where you got it, would you be able to let us know?! Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful card! I hope you post quilt pics when they're complete. I took a quilting class a few years ago but it's taken a back burner to other hobbies. :(

    ReplyDelete