Thursday, October 27, 2011

Studio Calico November - Handmade kit

You know what time it is.  It's reveal time, of course.  The Handmade kit is up for grabs.

I got three add-ons this month:

Pin Cushion

Thimble

Tatting

Add-on paper

I also HIGHLY recommend:

MORE SC

MORE GRAY

The gray (or grey) is fabulous.  I also ADORE the yellow/orange chevron in the SC paper, along with that gray (or grey) ledger, so it's definitely a must have for this time of year, no matter the hemisphere, really.  And don't forget the leaf pattern!  The leaf pattern is divine as well! 

I didn't get the December Daily kit, but I KNOW it's fabulous!  I just had to focus on my stash. 

On to the kit.

This first one was made with the main kit only:





I am feeling Halloween ish,and I really liked the sparkly MME paper, so mimicked the pattern of the circles with my circle punch and the black paper for this design.  I'm also a fan of the layered BG flowers.  And the SC paper.  LOVE. 
Whenever something fun is around the corner, my kids are always saying "how many days?"  Sometimes it's in reference to their birthday, NEXT YEAR, so it's often quite the math problem for the mama, lol.
I was really inspired by a Pinterest pin for this next one:





That's right people.  That's a brown paper package, tied up with a brown brad, lol.  Recognize it from this?




aplaceforusblog.com


Click that link and you can read the tutorial on how to make them too.  Pretty cool stuff, and I'd love some for my wall, lol.  Can you see how my layout was also inspired from this pin?  You really can find inspiration everywhere.



My Pink Paislee wood alphas were misted with Pony, which was the perfect mist to match those brown BG brads.

I did something I've never done since I was first on the team in 2007 with this kit....  I only made two layouts for my gallery work.  I just ran out of time!  I have a two pager almost finished, which has a completely different feel from how I used the kit otherwise, and I'll be sharing that shortly.  In the meantime, I did make a couple of cards with this kit, using the stamps, and I actually had a lot of fun with it.

I'm telling you, being on the PTC  (aka PTA, PTO) for the elementary sucked the life right out of me.  From what I understand, Pumpkin Carving night is the most stressful event, but just wait until Valentines Day gets here!  We are doing a craft night/bake sale, etc., and it's going to be CRAFTY.  Oh my. 

Anyway.... 

The stamp used on this first card is my favorite SC stamp so far.  I think it's because of that little tiny stamp you can use inside.  I don't know.  It's not normally a design I'm particularly drawn to, but I adore it.  The stamp is in the Thimble add-on, which is a must have.





I used JBS Stick Candy and Lemon Drop inks here. 



This last card also had an inspiration piece.  I really wanted to use the butterflies on a card, and then I was peeking at the Crate label stickers, and saw this:





It worked perfectly, don't you think? See that little butterfly in the middle of a scallop?  Voila.  Embellishment idea.   JBS Spice Tin ink here. 



And that's it!  I'll post on Saturday with that last layout.  I promise.  Really!  Now go pick up Thimble, for that stamp set and the OA. 

Supplies ______________________________________________________________________________________









Have a great night!  Davinie

6 comments:

  1. Jen Thompson3:10 AM

    dommeomg Davinie I haven't "seen" you in ages, where have you been?? I thought you fell of the face of the Earth but I knew I'd find you here come reveal night ;)
    I adore the "Punkin" layout! Ashleigh has been a pumpkin for Halloween the past 3 years and one of her nicknames is Punkin :) This year she's going to be a witch, can't wait!
    I'll be back here Saturday to see that other layout, you bet i will! PS: I love how you always think of us southern hemisphere gals when it comes to crafting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen Thompson3:11 AM

    oops typo that first word is meant to be omg lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that punkin layout. You did a fabulous job this month Dav! And omggggggg I adore that butterfly card. It reminds me of the sc cotillion kit which is one of my all time faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:58 AM

    I just want to say that I love your layouts and cards this month, especially the 1st one from the main kit. I am definitely planning to scraplift that one. I often use your layouts as inspiration. Many thanks!

    Jeannine H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most excellent projects! :)

    ReplyDelete