Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Project (Hello) Summer - a hike, swimming, and Wizard Falls

My Project (Hello) Summer is coming along.  I am really glad I took on the challenge to make this album again this summer.  I really love how it's turning out and including my family in it.

Here's the cover and the first pages.

And this is what I've added since then:


I added some kraft cardstock in with my journaling pages because I have to have my kraft, and kept things simple.  I made this first page two pages just so things were spread out.  the journaling page has a simple stamped image in the center and a couple of die cuts for an embellishment.

We went for a hike from our house down to the river which we've never done with the kids before.  We picnicked when we got down there and it was a lot of fun (even if Payton whined....  the whole time).  :)




We've done a lot of swimming so far this summer too, so wanted to include some pool photos.  This is the Pacifico font from my Cameo.  


Lastly is this page from a local fish hatchery. We were up there on the only day of the year where you are allowed to fish the stocked pond which was a lot of fun for the kids because they were guaranteed to get something.  Normally we go fishing and Mom and Dad just cross our fingers that they at least get a bite before they are totally bored, lol.

Because it was a special day, there were exhibits on fish ladders, story time, and some fun fish painting.  I love including artwork so I folded their fish painting in half with one side a bit longer for hole punching and included them in our family album.  


Another fun element to this album is the hashtag stamp.  Kelly Purkey is SO smart.  I am going to be including this little guy in every layout this summer.  A perfect addition to a summer album, I think.

Tips:  Do NOT worry about scrapbooking your summer in order.  It's a mini album, which means you can put them in wherever they fit.  Sometimes I am paralyzed by a specific assignment and it's always best to go with what I feel at the time and get back to that event or idea later.

Before I go I had to share this piece of paper.  I think this is my FAVORITE paper out on the market right now.  It's from My Minds Eye's Sweeetest Thing, Tangerine line.

Side A:


Side B.


The color palette and size of the Chevrons in the design are just perfect and totally me.  The subtle polaroids on the B side are heavenly.  I really really love this print and need to get more, especially after having to choose one side over the other.

It just happens to be at 2peas right now, too.  And it qualifies for the Free Shipping with minimum purchase. Love.

Have a great Tuesday!

Davinie

P.S.  I have been sharing my sneak photos from Studio Calico's Summer of 69 kit on Twitter and Instagram.   My username is Davinie.  Pretty creative, huh?  :)




2 comments: