Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Echo Park love - Stitch and Out Here

I've got a few things to share this week and I'm getting behind!  I started student teaching in a 4/5 blend class on Monday and I get home and make dinner and get ready for the next day.  I keep forgetting to blog.  :)

I am truly enjoying my time on the Echo Park team.  I'm so glad that opportunity came my way.

The other day I shared a layout on the Echo Park blog that I wanted to share here.  I am a little addicted to the For the Record Two - Tailored Collection, (available for purchase now) as I've mentioned a few times, lol.  This is what I came up with for my blog post:






For more details on my process for this layout, please check the Echo Park blog here.  

A note, though.  Morgan made that penguin all by herself.  Payton and I made a tooth pillow because she had a couply of wigglers and refused to let them come out until they had a proper pillow.  Inspired by that, Morgan went and made her own.  Alllll by herself.  It's made of felt.  I offered assistance with ideas when it came to stuffing and stiching it closed, but the design and the process was all hers and I couldn't have been more proud!  The tooth goes in the little heart pocket.

Why is Morgan second to get a tooth pillow?  Because Morgan has had 10 teeth pulled by her dentist, and hasn't lost any on her own, and Mom has never had her act together at the appropriate time to finish a pillow at the appropriate moment.  SIGH.  In the end, this worked out perfectly!

In case her wondering, for some reason her adult teeth don't eat up the roots of the baby teeth.  Morgan has a friendly mouth.  All teeth are perfectly happy to move over or stick out in order to make room for their friends.  Hello ORTHODONTIA.  Now you see why Mama has to go back to school for her Master's degree!  This crafting business does NOT pay the bills.  lol.

Anyway, back to Echo.

I still had product out so made another layout with this same line:





I've mentioned my obsession with this paper line.  I'm also smitten with these triangle shapes and had to use them on a layout.  I LOVE the texture it adds.  I've mentioned before how much I like the print with the journaling spots.  I used a circle punch and added a few to this layout as well.

That's Morgan, Payton, Oliver the kitty, and Sunshine the chicken.  We have ourselves a little farm over here.  :)  For the record, (how appropriate), Sunshine pecked at Oliver shortly after this photo was taken, and chaos ensued.  :)

Have a great day!  Davinie


6 comments:

  1. Love seeing your projects on Echo Park's blog and on MME's blog! Beautiful, beautiful work! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Morgan on her fabulous pillow! So impressed. :) Ah, the joys of orthodontia. :p
    And of course your pages are super-cute too. For the Record 2 - Tailored is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen Thompson8:48 PM

    Um, how clever is Morgan?? Like mother, like daughter ;) these layouts are gorgeous and I also saw your work on the MME blog, beautiful! Glad to see you still have *some* time to blog :) oh and yay for being able to comment on comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Davinie! your creations always make me smile! these are so gorgeous and the last one is just perfection! you are so inspiring. love the detailed simplicity here! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:49 AM

    Your out here inspiration is so cute and creative with all those flowers and butteries. Absolute beauty for me.

    Greets end of tenancy cleaning london

    ReplyDelete