Monday, September 03, 2012

Project {Hello} Summer mini album - the end of the season

It's here!  Labor Day and the official last day of summer vacation at the Fiero house!  School started for me last week, but student teaching begins this week, and I'm so NERVOUS and excited!  This is where I find out if I can cut it.  Was Grad School the right choice?  Is this the career path I've been searching for that is right for me?  I put teachers on such a high pedestal.  I can't even call my girls' teachers by their first name.  To know I'm finishing up something where I'll be Mrs Fiero to another child is overwhelming to me.  It really is.  It's like a dream.  That must mean it's the right thing for me to do!

Today I wanted to share more pages from my Project {Hello} Summer mini album.  I can honestly tell you I have really enjoyed the process and doing this album fits into my life perfectly, so I will definitely be doing it again next year.  I hope you'll join me!

You can see my previous post about this album here:

http://davinie.blogspot.com/search/label/project%20summer

You can always search for this type of thing via my labels linked on the right as well.

The first layout I wanted to share was one from a hike we went on.  I've decided to keep the whole album consistent with Instagram photos.  If I want to do a layout about our adventures, I'll use regular photos then. It makes things much simpler.



I also kept things simple by using just a background stamp along with some die cuts.  Die cuts are the key embellishment to this project because they don't add a lot of bulk but do add interest and a little pop to each page.  

I'm obsessed with Kelly Purkey's geotag stamp, so it too is a staple to my album.
The title was cut with my Silhouette.  



This next page was about swimming.  We did that a lot this summer.  Only one round of lessons this year, but then a lot of time was spent at a resort down the road with a couple of pool choices.  My kids are turning into little fish this year.


Speaking of fish, this next page captured a trip to a local fish hatchery.  This album is a family album, so I had to include artwork from my girls.  They were having an educational day learning about the life cycle of local fish, and my kids got to do this little fish prints.  I had to include them here.  I love this kind of stuff.

Again, I used my Silhouette for the title, my KP hashtag stamp, and some ephemera on this page. The rainbow chevron paper is my FAVORITE piece of paper from the summer CHA release.  It's from the Sweetest Thing / Tangerine Collection from My Minds Eye.  I just adore this print.  



Who doesn't have a fair layout every year?  In the past I've always lugged my big camera around, in 100 degree temperatures, and this year I just left my girl at home and used my camera.  I had more fun with my family and yet still managed to capture the essence of our day.  


Payton drew a picture of her favorite ride on one of the journaling pages, which is a great addition to our book.  The kraft was cut with my Silhouette (and a great file I found at the Silhouette store), and I just blocked the page with faovorite photos from our day.  

Morgan is in LOVE with the tilt-a-whirl, Payton loved the swings, they both loved the bears, and fair rides are dang expensive so Steve and I are in a selfie.  ha!  It's the only way to document myself in our life it seems. 


The next event I wanted to share is a little triathlon my kids participated in.  It was called the Li'l Rat Race.  Locally we have the RAT race (Redmond Area Triathlon) and this was a fun way to include kids 10 and under.  They had a water obstacle course, a 1 mile bike ride, and a run to the finish.  My girls were number 261 and 262.  I had to keep their racing bibs!



I trimmed the number circles with my Cameo.  3 for the 3 events.  I tried to use photos of both girls.  It was crazy that day.  The event wasn't set up well for photo takers, lol.  Payton was in the first heat and it went so quickly I got most photos of her.  That said, Morgan was super quick, and even though she took a fall in the bike to run exchange, she muscled on and sprinted across the finish line.  She did awesome!



The design on this page included a stamp set from the Heyday Collection from Studio Calico.  I used my AC stamp markers to create the fun detail.  I outlined a couple of the arrows with my precision pen, just because.  The title again was cut with my Silhouette, and you'll notice I used the same corrugated alphas I used earlier in my book.





As I'v said, I've had a lot of fun with this album.  I didn't put pressure on myself to finish pages, and I didn't scrap in order either.  I'm still buttoning up a few events, but overall, I'm super happy with how it's turned out and can't wait to do it again next year.

I hope you had a great summer and are looking forward to fall!  I think I am!  :)

Davinie





InLinkz

2 comments:

  1. This albums is SO amazing. It's such a great idea...and I love it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love your details, and techniques and mix of goodies! A great summer capture.

    ReplyDelete